Sorry it's been a while since my last blog post! I hope you enjoyed my underwater selfies last time. (they really excited me.)
I've been really busy since my last post. I've been back and forth from my new uni house, trying to get all my stuff moved in! As well as working a lot and I bought a new car!
My new uni house is an old fashioned two bedroomed house which has a lot of quirky features. It has real potential to be really homely, so I thought I'd write a post about my uni house wishlist. I've kept the budget low for this wishlist because as much as I hate to admit it, as a student there are more important things to spend money on (rent, bills, food) but hopefully that won't matter because everyone loves a bargain right?
1. Lavender bunting- In our new house we have the cutest little wooden kitchen in a beautiful pastel yellow colour. I think that some lavender coloured bunting would look really cute with the yellow. The photo I've used is from pinterest. Since I'm a fashion and textiles student, I'd feel ashamed of myself if I didn't make my own. I do sell my bunting though and I make it to order, so let me know if you're interested in buying some!
2. The second item on my list is a chalkboard. Since I'm going into my third year, I think it's going to be really important to be really orgaanised. I think this chalk board is really pretty and would be a lot better than me leaving scraps of paper with little reminders scribbled down, lying around. The one shown is only £9.35 from amazon, how could anyone say no? It's also available with free next day delivery for those of you lucky enough to have amazon prime! (prime only costs £39 for a year if you're a student.)
3. The third item shown is a white fur rug. Last year I lived in a four bedroomed house and I had the smallest room, there wasn't enough floor space to put a rug down, and the floor was carpeted anyway so it probably wouldn't have looked right. The one shown above is £17.99 from Argos. I have a wooden floor this year so I think a rug will make my room look really cosy.
4. No house is complete without Yankee candles! So they're number four on my wishlist. Yankee candles smell so good, and these little ones can be found online for just £5.99. It's a good idea to get the small jars if you're undecided on a particular scent, because I think the big ones are quite a commitment. (you also get to test more of them if you buy the small ones.) Try and get into a store to smell them if possible, just to make sure you make the right purchase!
5. Every student should have a thermal mug for the walk to lectures on cold mornings! This one is so pretty for £8.95 from Amazon (and again, next day delivery is free with prime.) Who doesn't love to start the day with a hot drink? and it'll help keep your hands warm!
I hope you've enjoyed reading my wishlist! Let me know any cute purchases you guys have made for your rooms or houses! (whether you go to uni or not) And wish me luck going into my final year!!
P.S. Thank you to everyone who follows me! I can't believe I've made it to 200 followers!! Lots of love :)